Medical Education Department
Welcome to the Medical Education Department at Horus Faculty of Medicine. With more than 20 years of experience and specialized degrees in the field of Health Profession Education, the Medical Education Department staff mission is to advance the theory and practice of our students’ knowledge, skills and attitudes with the ultimate goal of improving the care of patients. MED is willing to have significant local, national, and international influence and impact through its many and varied educational functions.
Dr. Amir Monir Ali, MD, DHPE. Medical Education Department Head
Mission, Vision and Goals for the of the Medical Education Department
The mission of the Medical Education Department at Horus Faculty of Medicine is to advance the theory and practice of the health professions education with the ultimate goal of improving our students’ learning process and ultimately the care of patients.
We achieve this mission locally, nationally, and internationally, through cutting-edge practice and research in education and related disciplines, through outstanding education programs that develop leaders and scholars, and through expert collaboration, consultation, and service with other internationally recognized organizations.
This statement is associated with:
- Focusing on scholarship and research that advances the theory and practice of health professions education;
- Supporting other medical departments collaboration in curriculum transformation, faculty development, and research;
- Preparing health professions (HP) leaders for their education leadership and scholarship roles;
- Spanning the continuum of medical education, including students, residents/fellows, practicing physicians and academic faculty;
- Extending our reach to other Horus University health profession faculties and colleagues; and
- Extending our reach world-wide.
We aspire to enhance our reputation for excellence.